For more information on the Shell LiveWIRE programme in Trinidad and Tobago
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for entrepreneurs who:
- Are between the ages of 18-45
- Own existing/currently trading business in the identified sectors
- Have a dedicated business partner who is able to attend programme sessions and activities where the designated LiveWIRE may not be able to attend.
- Have been in business for at least a year such that they have a paying customer base towards which a product or service is provided
- Embody coachability, adaptability, commitment, demonstrated drive and possess a spirit of innovation
- Exhibit growth potential in their business
Can you tell me more about the key economic sectors?
A breakdown of each of these key economic sectors is provided below:
Energy solutions include, but are not limited to:
- Renewables – e.g. low-carbon and waste energy recapture
- Digital Energy – e.g. wireless climate control, energy sharing platforms/apps
- Energy Efficiency – e.g. sensors and monitoring solutions
- Smart mobility – e.g. new forms of transport
- Energy storage and management – e.g. non-battery solutions for power storage
- Oil and gas – e.g. to minimize environmental impact
- Access to Energy – e.g. off-grid solutions, solutions to intermitted energy supply
Environmental solutions include, but are not limited to:
- Recycling – e.g. re-use and/or repurposing of any consumer product (e.g. glass/plastic bottles)
- Circular manufacturing processes e.g. exchanging new process inputs for inputs previously classed as waste
- Waste Reduction, Treatment and/or Management services
- Sustainable packaging (this can be plastic, paper, metal and any other fibres/materials) solutions
- New products developed to use previously waste process outcomes e.g. new types of insulation from waste
- Circular economy services e.g. education, consultancy and/or training
- Environmental Designs, Operations and Maintenance
Agriculture and Food Processing
Agriculture and Food Processing includes, but is not limited to:
- Added value services to food production
- Food processing
- Aquaculture and horticultural processing
- More efficient food production services
- Products/services that reduce food miles (e.g. import substitution)
- More efficient packaging that uses less energy to produce
Eco-Tourism includes, but is not limited to:
- Products/services which build environmental awareness and conservation through tourism
- Eco-lodging accommodations built with sustainable or alternative materials or access to nature-based activities
- Agro-tourism e.g. capitalizing on rural agricultural communities as tourist attractions
Innovation B2B Solutions
Innovative Enterprises include, but is not limited to:
- Products/services (can be digital) that enhance general business to business (B2B) efficiency
- Technologies with the potential to reduce/conserve the amount of energy, food or water consumed
- Products/services which promote product innovation, process innovation and business model innovation
Does my company have to be a legally registered business in Trinidad & Tobago?
In order to be eligible for the LiveWIRE programme, your business must be a legally registered business via the Companies Registry, Registration House. No other form of registration will be considered valid or functional for the purpose of programme registration. The Company registration certificate must be valid upon submission to the programme.
My business is a non-for-profit company. Can I still apply?
Only commercially trading businesses can apply to the LiveWIRE programme. We will not accept any applications from non for profit or community-based organisations. Only for-profit companies will be accepted into the programme.
I have a really good business idea but have not generated any sales as yet in my business, can I still apply to the programme?
To be eligible to the programme, your registered business must already have a paying customer base towards which a product or service is provided. Applications from pre-revenue stage, registered business will ONLY be accepted for businesses in the Energy Solutions sector.
I have already completed another accelerator programme; can I still apply to this one?
Persons who have participated in another accelerator programme can still apply to the LiveWIRE programme. Our selection process is designed to select for those businesses which will most benefit from the LiveWIRE programme.
I’m having problems to complete the form. Is there anyone that can help?
Yes! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Please note, respondents will not be able to advise on the strength of your business or your application.
How are applications judged?
At each phase of the selection process, applications are judged on merit.
How many entrepreneurs will you be selecting?
We are looking for up to 20 final participants. We will focus however more on the quality and potential of the entrepreneurs and their businesses than the number of final participants to be accepted into the programme.
Is there an on-boarding process?
Yes, participants accepted into the programme will be required to participate in a mandatory orientation programme, a LiveWIRE weekend, from January 25-26th, 2020. Further details will be provided
When will the programme begin?
The programme will begin in February 2020 and will run for 8 months from February to September 2020.
How will the programme be facilitated?
Training workshops and master classes will be held in person on weekdays, after business hours, and will also include online classes. Coaching and consultancies will feature a mixture of in person and online advisory support.