Shell LiveWIRE Trinidad and Tobago is an accelerator programme that seeks to support growth stage start-ups in key economic sectors.
These sectors have been identified as:
- Recycling and Waste Management
- Energy Solutions
- Agriculture & Agri-Processing
During a 7 month period, entrepreneurs will receive training and support to grow through:
- access to investors
- export consultation
- financial awards
- monthly master classes and;
- peer to peer technical advisory groups (sector circles)
Post completion of the programme, entrepreneurs can access cohort networking opportunities (cohort meet ups).
Programme participants will be subject to a stringent screening process in order to select those businesses that will benefit most from the Shell LIveWIRE programme.
We are looking for entrepreneurs who:
- Are between the ages of 18-35 (60% of applicants) and 36-45 (40% of applicants)
- Own existing/currently trading business(es) in the identified sectors
- Are nationals/residents of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Already have a paying customer base towards which a product or service is provided
- Exhibit growth potential towards achievement of the highlighted goals (job creation, export, and/or entry to Shell’s supply chain)
- Embody commitment, demonstrate drive, and possess a spirit of innovation
Why Shell LiveWIRE?
As part of our programme, entrepreneurs will receive:
- 4 months of training designed to provide technical focus, develop their business and leadership skills, and manage resources
- Access to 4 Monthly Master Classes led by local entrepreneur icons
- Ongoing peer to peer networking support for 11 months, post programme completion
- Access to a global community of Shell LiveWIRE alumni
- One to one consultation with an Export Consultant
- Peer to peer technical advisory support through a Monthly Sector Circle
- Financial Incentives upon graduation
- Access to a community of investors through a One to One Investor Meeting
- An opportunity to exhibit and pitch products/services to a panel of investors
- Access to global competitions such as the Shell LiveWIRE Top Ten Innovators Competition